What to Bring
We encourage you to bring only essential items to the hospital. If you were admitted through our Emergency Department, please tell your family members or friends to only bring essential items to you during your stay at Rutherford Regional Medical Center.
- Medical Insurance and social security cards.
- A complete list of all medications you are currently taking (Please do not bring the medications themselves.)
- Medication List
- List of telephone numbers of immediate family or others who you would want us to contact if necessary.
- Nightclothes, robe and sturdy slippers.
- Hairbrush, shaving items and other toiletries.
- Glasses are best kept in a case when you're not wearing them. They should be placed in the top drawer of your bedside table, with your name on or in the case.
- Please keep your clothing in your room closet, your bedside or your suitcase.
- Dentures are best stored in a denture cup in the top drawer of your bedside table.
- A small amount of cash (five to ten dollars should be enough for any items you may need.)
- Advanced Directives
What NOT to bring
- Electrical appliances.
- Items of great value to you.
- Jewelry and other valuables: Please leave all jewelry, money (except for small change) and other valuables at home. Please ask a family member/friend to take home your personal valuables for safekeeping (including medications). If you do not have someone who can take care of these for you, talk to you nurse about putting these in a safe until you are discharged.
- Please do not bring any tobacco products with you.
- Rutherford Hospital is a Tobacco Free Environment.
The hospital does not accept responsibility for items of value unless they are deposited in the safe. If you lose something, please notify your nurse right away, and we will make every effort to help you find it.